mSwitch Network Management System - iNMS is a management subsystem that manages all network devices including IMS Core and Access Network, covering network management layer in Telecommunications Management Network (TMN). It is designed with HTML and Java-swing Graphical User Interface (GUI) to implement various functions needed in network, such as configuration management, fault management, performance management, security, operation and maintenance, as well as the management for the NMS itself.
Overview - mSwitch™ IMS iNMS:
mSwitch™ NETMAN LITE is the local Craft Terminal (LCT) version of NETMAN and can be used as monitoring, and configuration tool. It can also be installed as a stand-alone software used by field engineers for deployment and support purposes.
NETMAN product Series is based on current products supported by GENEW, future product lines may be supported in existing or a new NMS series.
Features - mSwitch™ IMS iNMS:
INMS MANAGES THE FOLLOWING SUB-NETWORKS:
- IMS CORE NETWORK.
- ACCESS NETWORK
- MBOSS BACK-END SERVERS
- GENEW NETWORK ELEMENTS
- INMS ITSELF, INCLUDING INMS SERVER, INMS CLIENT, AND SO ON.
Specification - mSwitch™ IMS iNMS:
TOPOLOGY MANAGEMENT: Network Planning; Network Status Monitoring Topology
- Network & Service Level Configuration Management
- Configuration data synchronization, Backup/Active/Restore
- Batch Operation
- Real-time alarm/event detection and reporting.
- Alarm to probable root cause correlation
- Alarm filtering, alarm suppressing, alarm severity re-definition
- Alarm acknowledgement/Alarm clearing (ADAC/ADMC)
- Proactive alarm management – detection of missing alarms and retrieval
- Fault diagnosis and localization
- Trouble-shooting guide
- Alarm data synchronization
- Performance measurement admin & setup
- Performance data collection & aggregation
- Easy-to-understand graphical performance data reporting
- Various user adjustable performance data reporting
- Performance analysis for trend analysis and network
- Threshold performance alarms/events
- User identification, authorization and authentication
- Supports up to 550 concurrent clients
- System access control and resource access control
- Security log provided
- System log, user operation log, data access log, command log, and alarm/event log
- Log Data management
HARDWARE PLATFORM/OPERATING SYSTEM: X86 System with Linux RedHat
INTERFACES AND PROTOCOLS
- Physical interface: GE interface
- Protocol includes: SNMP v1 & SNMP v2; CORBA/XML; FTP/RMI
- JAVA based Client/Server architecture
- Graphical User Interface with Java Swing / HTML client
- JDBC thin client to connect to ORACLE database
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for NE configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting
- SNMP trap forwarding
- SNMP query for topology and healthy check
- FTP for auto discovery and measurement statistics data files
- CORBA/XML NBI interface